Engineering : Michigan State University
|Michigan State University|
|Level||Four or more years|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||17:1|
|Carnegie Classification||Research Universities (very high research activity)|
|Undergrad Application Fees||$50|
|Grad Application Fees||$50|
|Enrollment||Fees (/yr)||Required Fees(/yr)|
**Above numbers are at University/College level (not for a particular department or program)
|Critical Reading||450/580 |
|Agricultural/Biological Engineering and Bioengineering|
|Computer Engineering- General|
|Electrical- Electronics and Communications Engineering|
|Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering|
- Most applicants have GPA's of 3.5 or better.
Domestic applicants with GPA less than 3.2 are generally not considered for admission.
- A general profile of a successful international student applicant is as follows. Graduate of a highly ranked school.In the upper 10% of their class.
- TOEFL : Internet Based scores of a total of 80 (19 in each category except Writing which is 22), and IELTS is 6.5 or higher.
Some specific further notes regarding successful applicants from China and India are noted below.
- Additional profile attributes of a successful applicant from China.Graduates from Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiatong University, or the Huazhong University of Science and Technology with a GPA of 85 or better.
- Graduates from other Chinese universities, with a GPA of 90 or better.
Additional profile attributes of a successful applicant from India.
Computer Science and Engineering
- Graduate from an Indian Institute of Technology with a GPA of 8 or higher.
- Graduate from a Regional Engineering College, or comparable school, with grades of 80% or higher.
Median Quant. GRE is 163 and GRE verbal is 153. Median AWA score was 3.0. GRE score is not used to eliminate candidates.
GRE Scores and Admissions