Universities & Colleges in Washington
*UG - Undergraduate
*G - Graduate
*in - In-state Fees
*out - Out-of-State Fees
- Recommended program (Top 250)
Oregon is a state in America, located in the Pacific Northwest. The most populous city is Portland while Salem is the capital. According to the 2010 census, the population of the state was an estimate of ~583,800.
The climate of Oregon greatly varies in the western and eastern part. The western part where most of the people live has oceanic climate whereas eastern part has drier semi-arid climate. Winters in the state are also rainy, but a lot of people come here for snowboarding, skiing, festivals and whale watching.
Oregon boasts more than 50 universities and colleges, including 7 public universities, all of which offer a range of graduate and undergraduate programs/courses for international pupils. The Portland University and the Oregon State University are popular and so is the University of Oregon in Eugene. In the fall of the year 2010, around 1,764 foreign pupils were enrolled at this university for their higher studies. 1,300 international pupils and more come to the Oregon State University every year.
The cost of a semester of undergraduate studies at the University of Oregon for residents is ~$9,200 and a non resident is ~$28,600 apart from other expenses.
To secure a loan for studying at the Oregon State University for e.g. can come in various types. The Education Department of the U.S. award student's government loans via the initiative of Direct Student Loans. Private financial institutes also offer various private student loans. It's recommended to apply for any private student loan post you have exhausted all the grants, scholarship and federal aid options.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Oregon is about ~14.9% higher in compared to the American average. The yearly average pay in the state Oregon is around ~$41,700 and this is lesser than the American annual average salary by approximately ~$5,000. The CPI or the consumer price index of 211 in this state is ~5.80% lesser than the American city average of ~224.
The manufacturing industry accounts for nearly 18% of the state's gross product and the service industries here contribute the rest of 82%. The other popular industry here is the wood processing industry and Oregon is one of the top wood products in the whole world. Tourism again forms one of the most important industries in the state. The state also has two fortune 500 companies namely Precision Castparts and Nike.
Top Jobs in Oregon
Healthcare and resort-hotel based jobs are now expanding in Oregon. A range of jobs are available in the Hospitality Industry, Management, Housekeeping, Advertising, Tourism, Marketing and Sales, Maintenance, Information Technology (IT), and other various career fields. The Travel and Tourism industry too is hugely responsible for a huge contribution to the economy of the state. Let's have a look at some of the top jobs in Oregon:
Most big public universities in Oregon offer the student housing facility; however pupils can also choose to live outside of the college campus.